Susan - Season Scene Building
I found Nicole's videos on building scenes very interesting, and frankly hadn't thought of a line up of bottles as a "scene" but I liked her creation and decided to go with "mod vases" instead of bottles (gotta work with what you have!) instead.
My "scene" incorporates the Mod Vase Dies cut from patterned paper and then shaded along the left side to suggest some dimensions. The flowers are from the Sweetest Pea stamp and die set, and are colored with various shades of Copic markers in pink and purple shades. They are arranged on a patterned paper that is a bit sparkly for a backdrop and incorporates some of the colors used in a vase and the flowers. The card base is 5 by 6 1/2 inches and I ink blended along the edge of the card base with Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade.
I used a lilac shade of glitter to put a little sparkle onto the flowers. I also chose to bring the vases all the way to the bottom of the card, rather than stop at the edge of the background paper. I think the "hanging off" on the bottom with the vases as well as the middle flower extending past the border of the background on top provides for a little dimension and interest.
I used the same patterned paper as the background for the letters in the "Thanks" (using the Bold Thanks die set) along with a piece of solid (but textured) fuchsia paper to mount the letters on. The vases and the "thanks" die cut are all raised slightly by using the same die cuts on 120# paper to provide both stability and dimension.
I found this "take" on a scene to be quite fun and a new way to think about the use of space on a card. Hope you enjoy it!